If you follow me on Instagram, you probably already know that last week I turned 22. If I’m honest, I cannot believe I’m already 22. I feel like I only turned 18 last year. Anyway.. when I was younger I thought people at this age have their lives together and they are ‘proper adults’. Well, here I am and my life is nowhere near ‘together’. However, growing up I’ve learned a lot of life lessons, so I thought I would share 22 things I’ve learnt in 22 years.
22 THINGS I’VE LEARNT IN 22 YEARS
- Blood is not thicker than water.
- Friends come and go.
- It’s okay to make mistakes.
- Change is good, it’s essential for growth.
- Money is evil.
- Actions speak louder than words.
- Bible is the best self-development book.
- There’s no point in stressing about things that are out of your control.
- There’s no such a thing as ‘too much makeup’, whether that would be too much makeup in your collection or too much makeup on your face. The limit does not exist.
- It’s okay to fail, as long as you don’t give up.
- Everything happens for a reason.
- Giving to others and helping others helps to heal your soul.
- Your gut feeling is 99.9% right, trust it.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Honesty is the best policy.
- University is a waste of time unless you actually love studying and being in education and/or want to get into a particular field, such as medicine.
- Gratitude multiplies happiness.
- Perfection is unattainable.
- Jealousy is a wasted emotion.
- Don’t save things for a special occasion. Burn the candles; use the nice sheets; wear the fancy lingerie. Today is special.
- Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
Although, I’m not ready to get older, I’m excited to see what my 22nd chapter of life will be about. I have a feeling it will be a good one.
P.S. if you would like me to expand on each life lesson, please let me know and I will be more than happy to do so.